The Payroll Specialist will assure proper preparation, processing and handling of payroll records, related information and procedures in support of company policies and governmental rules and regulations. This position will also assist and support all departments and locations in related tasks, input and maintain accuracy of all payroll records in Kronos Workforce Central.
*This position is Temporary to Permanent. Mon-Fri 8a-5p.
Essential Position Functions
• Shared responsibility in preparing, input and processing of all payroll information required for multi-state semi-monthly payroll for over 1400 employees using Kronos Workforce Central payroll and timekeeping system.
• Prepare, input and process manual checks on an as needed basis.
• Precise data entry of employee status changes, new hire and termination paperwork, and maintenance of personnel records.
• Process final checks and terminate employees.
• Troubleshoot timesheet problems and correct them for payroll processing.
• Review and maintain PTO balances and coordinate any necessary changes.
• Research and resolve payroll issues and reconcile bank transit and lost check issues according to company policy.
• Resolve questions and issues from managers and employees in a polite and helpful manner.
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance to company policies, with respect to employee and other financial information.
• Perform payroll close tasks such as taxes and reporting.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage laws.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal wage and hour laws.