Essential Job Responsibilities
• Plan and design the network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions.
• Analyze capacity issues and develops capacity planning models.
• Provide leadership role in the design and implementation of the integrated (data, voice, video) network solutions.
• Perform network impact assessments and application profiling.
• Participate in the design and implementation of network technologies to support business initiatives.
• Create and maintain network related policies, procedures, and standards with collaboration from server systems engineers.
• Provides general direction and leads a staff of two to three network system engineers.
• Perform all network management tasks to ensure optimal performance, security, and reliability of the Willamette Dental network (Corporate, Regional and Remote locations).
• Responsible for ensuring planned testing activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
• Participate in development and implementation of network, servers and security technology projects. Assist in developing and maintaining Network Documentation.
• Monitor the support queue and assist the IT Support Team in resolving day-to-day network issues. Participate in emergency support for the all network locations.
• Manage inventory of all network devices and support contracts.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience demonstrating advanced knowledge of network and security technology.
• 10+ years of experience in IT and networking. Required skills include strong understanding and hands on experience with Network routing protocols, IPv4/6, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP, Cisco routing and switching, wireless technologies, WAN, LAN and VLAN network design, network encryption methods.
• Strong experience with Cisco networking systems, particularly in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant Gigabit Ethernet environment. Experience with network architecture for the virtual enterprise is desired.
• Minimum two years of experience in Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013.
• Experience with dial-peers on Cisco, provider-level SIP trunks, and call routing is desired.
• Strong experience in network security and firewall technology. Must have the ability to implement policies, processes and develop solutions to secure corporate network infrastructure. Specific experience with Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls is highly desirable (two years Netscreen or CheckPoint experience is an alternate). Aruba RAP, AP, and controller experience is a plus.
• Network scanning and mapping experience is required. SolarWinds or ManageEngine preferred. HP OpenView or IBM Tivoli a plus.
• Demonstrated experience architecting and implementing network infrastructure in multi-platform environments.
• Experience analyzing network traffic to identify anomalies in a high volume enterprise environment. NetFlow and VoIP SLA experience required.
• Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), SSL/IPSEC VPN’s in a large environment. Public/Private key experience required. Running a private Certificate Authority is a plus. Must be able to work from HIPAA and PCI DSS audit reports
• Have the Systems Administration level programming experience to help develop the tools and automation needed to manage our growing environment. Experience with Linux and Shell Scripting. Microsoft DNS or BIND experience required. Infoblox experience is a plus.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Project management experience / project leadership role to implement large-scale network project is desirable.
• Cisco CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) is required.
• Microsoft Lync Certifications is strongly desirable.