Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration with 4 or more years of experience performing quality assurance and/or quality improvement activities in a healthcare environment; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Experience working in a capacity as a clinician preferred.
Licenses, Certifications and Registrations
• Clinical Licenses or Certifications, for example: Dentist or Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant are preferred
• Certifications, for example: NCQA or similar quality certification (CPHQ or HCQM) are preferred
• Certifications, for example: Project Management (PMP) or Lean Six Sigma are a plus
• Quality assurance and improvement processes and performance measures specific to Healthcare environments – specific knowledge related to dental is preferred.
• Electronic Health Records (EHR) and clinical workflows to understand how data is captured and recorded.
• Project management methodologies and best practices.
• Developing, implementing and communicating goals and objectives for quality management.
• Operationalizing programs and initiatives.
• MS Office products (Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio).
• Customer service and communication skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving.
• Tabulating data, report writing and performing appropriate statistical tests.
• Build and analyze data driven reports.
• Convey complex information to a variety of audiences.
• Multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
• Maintain and enhance a variety of databases, statistics and reports.
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA policies.