Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred and three years’ combined work experience in administrative support, event planning, information coordination and/or communication OR equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Minimum of one year of experience assisting on projects involving internal and external partners, working from a project plan and assisting with day-to-day operational aspects of event, meeting, and projects (large and small scope).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Various software types involving presentation and diagramming software, desktop publishing and content management systems (PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe PageMaker, and SharePoint). Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Both excellent written and verbal skills, appropriate to represent the company in public facing communication.
• Excellent time management, organization, project management and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail and follow through.
• Multi-tasking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Appropriately direct internal and external inquiries.
• Make decisions and work efficiently.
• Adapt to changing priorities with ease.
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet manner.
• Manage projects from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
• Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The work is primarily performed while sitting and/or standing, but will require occasional walking, bending, stooping and carrying light items such as papers, books, or other supplies. The incumbent uses a computer and other standard office equipment to complete tasks.