With more than 400,000 patients throughout our 50+ practice locations in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and a built-in specialty referral network to more than 30 specialists, Willamette Dental Group has been a leader in preventive and proactive dental care since 1970. What makes this multi-specialty group practice unique, and better, is a commitment to proactively facilitating the best possible health outcomes.
As a member of the Willamette Dental Group team, we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We are a performance based culture and offer a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Among the many amenities we offer are medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and a robust wellness program. Additionally, we offer a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match, tuition assistance, discounted monthly Trimet pass, and much more. Our Hillsboro, Oregon Administrative Headquarters are conveniently located in the growing Orenco Station neighborhood, just blocks from the MAX stop and within easy walking distance to many local shops and restaurants.
Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers through numerous communication channels. Cultivate collaborative and positive relationships with all entities within the organization. Assure appropriate handling of delinquent balances in support of company and department strategies, policies, and goals. Process patient insurance claims, payments, and inquiries.
• Provide superior customer service to customers in response to high volume phone inquiries in accordance with established performance standards in a call center environment.
• Partner with locations to arrange patient payment plans.
• Accurately handle patient insurance billing by complying with standard operating procedures. This includes coordination of benefits, familiarity with preferred provider organization adjustments and filed fee adjustments.
• Review orthodontic accounts monthly. Take appropriate action when loss or change of coverage occurs.
• Manage multiple location’s accounts receivable. Audit accounts monthly for balances and credits utilizing excel reports.
• Refer delinquent accounts to collection agency after exhausting all avenues of recovery including soft collection calls and correspondence.
• Process location and department adjustments promptly.
• Process credit balances and if appropriate refund to patient and/or insurance company.
• Process accident billing for auto and on the job injuries.
• Apply managed care contracted benefits according to eligibility.
• Initiate telephone calls to insurance companies, employers and other outside sources to confirm eligibility, investigate claim processing/denials and resolve other concerns.
• Maintain regular communication with management regarding workload, deadlines and staff concerns. Make recommendations to ensure the highest level of efficiency is being met.
• Authorize credit card payments on patient accounts.
• Develop and submit ongoing reports as requested which includes statistics, charts and graphs that utilize multiple computer programs and business math skills.
High school diploma or GED required and a minimum of three years previous work experience in a customer service and/or administrative role preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Previous collection experience a plus. Dental insurance and/or billing experience preferred. 10-key and light bookkeeping experience preferred.
•Applicable state and federal laws including FDCPA and laws governing the financial responsibility of children, parents and spouses to third parties.
•Dental practices and procedures as it relates to the laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to HIPAA are required.
•PC hardware and software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
•Familiarity with soft credit collections preferred.
•Managing multiple tasks and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines.
•Maintaining a high level of customer service when solving problems and defusing conflict.
•Negotiating an agreeable solution that is acceptable to both parties.
•Perform a wide variety of complex tasks, requiring prioritization, discretion and confidentiality.
•Communicate and problem solve effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and patients with minimal supervision.
•Handle stressful situations, manage conflict and maintain professionalism.
•Achieve and maintain required customer service metrics.
•Work cooperatively in a team environment.
•Relate with others in a respectful and constructive manner.
•Embrace and promote company’s model of practicing dentistry.
•Represent the company in a professional manner to customers, employer groups, brokers, professional associations, and the public.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed