In partnership with the clinical team, the Care Advocate provides quality customer service through the coordination of patient flow and effective communication with patients, doctors, practice managers and clinic staff. The Care Advocate acts as the bridge for communication between patients, clinic staff and appointment center representatives by monitoring treatment completion, facilitating oral health improvement initiatives, and focusing on patient engagement. The Care Advocate helps to strengthen the therapeutic alliance between clinicians and patients by supporting provider recommendations, interventions, prescriptions and recalls.
In addition to regular Care Advocate (CA) duties, the Lead CA works in collaboration with management in maintaining front office efficiencies and serves as a mentor in providing feedback and direction for the CA team.
• Orders front office supplies and coordinates with back office teams to complete orders and ensures cost meets budget requirements.
• Creates and maintains CA’s work schedules, including PTO requests and staffing ratios.
• Schedules and coordinates training for new CA’s.
• Leads regular scheduled CA’s meetings; participates in all office meetings; organizes team building events.
• Serves as a mentor for other CA’s in acquiring new skills and knowledge; provides feedback and direction to ensure the patient experience is maintained at the highest level at all times. Provides recommendations to improve quality of patient care.
• Supports team by assisting with difficult patient conversations.
• Supports management by providing input and feedback on various matters regarding CA’s, such as annual reviews, employee counseling, staffing, scheduling, interviewing and hiring.
• Monitors schedules and makes appropriate adjustments to gain greater access.
• Communicates and provides updates on company developments and/or changes related to role.
• Serves as patient product “expert” by educating others and staying up-to-date on supplies and sales.
• Schedules candidate interviews and facilitates working interviews.
• Provides supervisory oversight in the absence of office management.
• Tracks Press Ganey scores and surveys; run reports as needed.
• Initiates a partnership and builds rapport with patients by providing thorough and accurate information and addressing any patient questions or concerns related to their treatment plan, as well as provides Statement of Services at each visit.
• Partners with clinical team(s) to enhance understanding of dental procedures, treatment series, and interventions to enhance patient understanding.
• Partners with clinical team(s) to understand provider expectations and reiterate communication directives to the patient.
• Partners with clinical team to triage incoming emergency and unplanned treatment calls.
• Ensures coordination of care by scheduling and reinforcing recalls, referrals to internal and external providers, and answering patient questions related to their care.
• As directed by the provider, prescriptions and products are handed off – reviewing directions and answering patient questions.
• Able to identify patients that need additional care coordination, reach out to them via phone or other methods to encourage successful treatment outcomes.
• Serves as a subject matter “expert” in the utilization of our Complaint Management System in order to timely document patient incidents.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years Company experience preferred.
• Solid knowledge of the WDG’s treatment philosophy, evidence based dentistry, managed care and capitated business model.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport, trust and communicate diplomatically with both patients and co-workers.
• Ability to lead others and effectively provide direction and support in accomplishing tasks and projects.
• Ability to effectively provide both constructive and positive feedback.
• Ability to identify areas of opportunity and initiate solutions. Proactive in developing solutions to increase patient satisfaction, work processes and practices.
• Demonstrates eagerness to embrace and promote changes occurring within the Company.
• Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and crucial conversations.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to represent WDG in a professional manner under any and all circumstances.
• Embraces, supports, and exemplifies the WDG’s mission, vision and philosophy of evidence based dentistry.