Working with Exceptional Needs Dental Services, the Surgery Scheduler makes arrangements for patient's surgery, coordinating schedule to accommodate the physician; clinic, hospital, or surgery center; and patient. Gives patient, caregiver, and/or patient’s family pre- and post-surgery instructions and information and ensures that patient, caregiver, and/or patient’s family knows what to expect during surgery. This position also addresses all patient’s questions and concerns.
Essential Position Functions
• Provides directions to hospitals/surgical centers.
• Ensures that Physicians' orders are received and that all pre-op paperwork is completed and in place.
• Verifies insurance and obtains authorization for surgery from patient's insurance company.
• Completes all necessary information to ensure surgery appointments are authorized, scheduled, and properly billed.
• Ensures that everything is in place for the surgery to occur, coordinating arrangements for surgical assistants, special equipment, and surgical materials.
• May schedule follow-ups, diagnostic therapy, and other treatments.
Non-Essential Position Functions
• Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
3-5 years’ experience scheduling providers in a hospital setting with knowledge of medical and/or dental terminology OR equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Fraud & Abuse
• Dental Terminology, Records, & Coding
• Windows Desktop
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Adobe Acrobat
• Type 60 WPM
• Record keeping
• Customer service
• Empathize with patients, caregivers, and providers
• Document clearly and effectively in emails and patient charts.
• Perform basic desktop troubleshooting
• Work independently & in a team environment
The work is primarily performed while sitting and/or standing, but will require occasional walking, bending, stooping and carrying light items such as papers, books, or other supplies. The incumbent uses a computer and other standard office equipment to complete tasks.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed