With more than 400,000 patients throughout our 50+ practice locations in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and a built-in specialty referral network to more than 30 specialists, Willamette Dental Group has been a leader in preventive and proactive dental care since 1970. What makes this multi-specialty group practice unique, and better, is a commitment to proactively facilitating the best possible health outcomes.
As a member of the Willamette Dental Group team, we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We are a performance based culture and offer a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Among the many amenities we offer are medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and a robust wellness program. Additionally, we offer a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match, tuition assistance, discounted monthly Trimet pass, and much more. Our Hillsboro, Oregon Administrative Headquarters are conveniently located in the growing Orenco Station neighborhood, just blocks from the MAX stop and within easy walking distance to many local shops and restaurants.
Provide consultation and guidance to management and employees on a variety of employee related issues, including performance management, corrective counseling, policy interpretation and investigations. Recommend appropriate action and partners with management and others to investigate and resolve complex HR issues. Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, laws, and regulations. May lead and/or participate in HR related projects including revision of the Employee Handbook. Work in conjunction with the Legal department.
Essential Position Functions
• Consult with managers and employees on a variety of workplace issues, including performance management, misconduct, interpersonal conflict/relationship issues, discrimination complaints, investigations, legal requirements and policy interpretation.
• Partner with management and employees to review and evaluate sensitive and challenging situations and recommend appropriate actions to correct concerns based on assessing risks and minimizing liability.
• Review and provide recommendations on employee terminations to ensure fair and consistent practices that comply with state and federal laws, policies, procedures and standard management practices.
• Conduct investigations into allegations of harassment, discrimination, policy violations as well as employee concerns and complaints and recommends appropriate action.
• Analyze trends and recommend solutions to support continuous improvement, including developing the skills managers need to help minimize employee relations issues.
• Build partnerships and consult effectively with leadership.
Non-Essential Position Functions
• Provide advice and guidance in the interpretation and application of Company policies, practices and procedures.
• Lead/participate in HR related projects.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Recent J.D. degree from an accredited law school and experience performing employee relations activities preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Federal and state employment law and emerging industry trends.
• Multiple HR disciplines to include staffing and recruiting, talent development, performance management, training and development; compensation, federal/state employment laws.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, influence others, facilitate processes and coach/advise managers and employees.
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Build and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Exercise sound judgment in resolving unique ER related problems that arise in the business.
• Handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR.
• Relate to others in a respectful, constructive manner.
• Embrace and promote company’s model of practicing dentistry.
• Uphold and exemplify the company’s core values.
• Represent the company in a professional manner to customers, employer groups, brokers, professional associations, and the public.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed