The Senior Benefits Administrator is accountable for performing administration for functions related to Willamette Dental Group’s benefit programs, including but not limited to health insurance, life insurance, retirement, wellness, leave of absence, FSA, and 401(k) plan. This position will monitor all aspects of benefits administration as well as provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits programs. This responsibility includes maintaining associated records, follow-up with employees, managers, and vendors, as well as compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
Essential Position Functions
• Partner with other Benefits staff in the administration of employee benefit programs including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, COBRA, life insurance/AD&D plans, wellness program, 401k plans, flexible spending plans, voluntary benefits and benefits related to local ordinances and government programs.
• Provide a high level of customer service in response to all inquiries from internal and external stakeholders and function as a liaison between brokers, vendors and employees as needed.
• Administer leave of absence for FMLA and state leaves, including maintaining employee leave information in databases, correspondence, benefits administration, and return to work to ensure accuracy of employee data. Ensure policies regarding leaves of absence remain current and compliant, and that procedures regarding leaves and benefit continuation are consistently applied and effectively communicated.
• Lead benefit related projects, including open enrollment, implementation of new benefits, programs and vendors and other projects as assigned including the development of timelines, communication plan utilizing various media, system updates, coordination with brokers, vendors and reporting.
• In collaboration with other internal departments, develop and deliver effective employee communications to improve understanding of benefit and retirement plans. Communication strategies may include orientation, webinars, in person meetings or calls, print or other medium as applicable.
• Ensure full compliance with all state and federal regulations, reporting and filing requirements relating to all benefit plans. Work closely with benefit brokers and vendors to ensure timely and accurate ACA reporting compliance, 5500 filings, IRS and DOL filings and audit responses and all other benefit related compliance obligations.
• Monitor self-service functions and collaborate with vendors for processing of the following tasks: benefits enrollment/entry, benefits election changes, retro benefits adjustments, eligibility changes, open enrollment, confirmation of elections, and assistance to employee to manager life event changes. Coordinate with Payroll on appropriate deductions and enrollment procedures as needed.
• Assist with the management of relationships with vendors including benefit brokers, vendors and service administrators related to quality, service agreements, costs/billing, reporting, audits and controls.
• Develop and maintain employee benefit procedures and enter, extract, analyze and audit HRIS data.