With more than 400,000 patients throughout our 50+ practice locations in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and a built-in specialty referral network to more than 30 specialists, Willamette Dental Group has been a leader in preventive and proactive dental care since 1970. What makes this multi-specialty group practice unique, and better, is a commitment to proactively facilitating the best possible health outcomes.
As a member of the Willamette Dental Group team, we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We are a performance based culture and offer a generous and comprehensive benefit package. Among the many amenities we offer are medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and a robust wellness program. Additionally, we offer a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match, tuition assistance, discounted monthly Trimet pass, and much more.
IT Support Specialist is a full time position in our Hillsboro, Oregon Administrative Headquarters. We are conveniently located in the growing Orenco Station neighborhood, just blocks from the MAX stop and within easy walking distance to many local shops and restaurants.
Provides non- routine, moderately complex technical support and assistance to employees regarding computer systems and applications.
Essential Position Functions
• Acts as initial contact for all internal technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and internet access problems
• Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
• Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution of issues
• Maintain company phone system, data network, Email and computers on a daily basis
• Ensure network, VoIP, telecom, desktop and server security and integrity through regular monitoring and maintenance
• Create user accounts and configure hardware as part of new hire process
• Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
• Performs installs, upgrades, moves and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices
• Troubleshoot wired and wireless networking issues
• Identify, research and resolve technical problems
• Fully understand and enforce company policies to protect physical hardware and digital information security
• Self-Starter willing to be handed a subject and materials and guidance and turn yourself into a SME without handholding
• Respond to customer support requests remotely and onsite based on customer need.
• Ability to work on multiple incidents and complete simultaneous projects in a timely manner
• Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement, problem resolution and workflow improvements.
• Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in the test environment.
• Assist Tier 1 support personnel as necessary and provide training.
• This position will require 10-20% travel and also be available for rotational on-call after hour duties.
Associate’s degree in a related field and 5 or more years’ experience communicating technical information to others and troubleshooting technical issues remotely OR equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Licenses, Certifications and Registrations
Beneficial but not required
• CompTIA A+
• System Center Configuration Manager
• Active Directory
• Group Policy
• Microsoft Exchange Server
• VoIP Phone Systems
• Windows Server
• Working with hardware, software, support, and management of computer system
• Strong customer service and problem solving
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, and take initiative
• Organization skills and the ability to multitask
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed