In partnership with the Managing Dentist, the purpose of the Practice Manager is to ensure that the dental office provides exemplary customer service, via engaged employees, in an efficient, profitable manner. The Practice Manager is responsible for all activities of a dental office to ensure efficient and effective operation in the caring for dental patients; ensures that corporate policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
Essential Position Functions
- Take ownership of entire office staff including, but not limited to, customer loyalty, employee engagement, financials, marketing, staffing, facilities, patient count, office efficiencies and legal compliance.
- Regularly monitor all key performance areas of office, e.g., budget, staffing levels, schedules, OTC collections, Balanced Scorecard objectives, outside & internal referrals, doctor productivity; and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Regularly identify opportunities for, and threats to, success of overall office and takes action.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed and that all core values are exemplified and propagated throughout the office.
- Ensure that every patient encounter is a “wow” experience.
- Ensure that all patient access standards are met at all times.
- Ensure work environment is safe & healthful at all times, and that all work practices comply with OSHA/OR-OSHA/WISHA requirements.
- Resolve patient complaints.
- Forecast and monitor staffing needs and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Coach and mentor staff by example and through timely use of clearly communicated expectations, action plans, progress meetings, performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure productive, team-oriented work environment free of harassment and other undesirable, non-productive behaviors.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to provide information to staff and solicit feedback from
- Ensure achievement of all financial goals, e.g., EBITDA.
- Provide stewardship of all financial affairs of the office.
- Prepare, submit and monitor entire office budget.
- Partner with marketing department to promote Willamette Dental to current and prospective customer, employer groups, brokers, etc.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are followed, e.g., HIPAA, FDA.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Ensure that the office has engaged workforce at all times.
- Make patient account adjustments as necessary and prudent.
- Ensure sufficient availability of dental equipment, materials and supplies.
- Monitor all expenses regularly and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure daily deposit of cash receipts.
- Additional duties as assigned.