The Senior Systems Cloud Engineer acts as a technical expert in the maintenance and support of the company’s internal servers, operating systems (OSs) and computer systems both on premises and in the public cloud. Installs and troubleshoots various operating systems, including Unix, Linux and/or Microsoft systems for reliability, stability and performance. Installs new software releases and systems patches, configures software and resolves technical problems on UNIX based and/or Microsoft operating systems. We are seeking a Senior Engineer to be a key contributor to the team and provide technical insight and guidance to leadership. The Senior Engineer turns business and technical requirements into a plan of action to deliver a successful outcome. Extensive Amazon Web Services experience is a requirement for this position.
Essential Position Functions
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Adept at architecture and design of business solutions in public cloud environments.
- Apply higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solutions.
- Adept at programming in Python.
- Experience with PowerShell as well as the command-line interface to AWS.
- Deliver design documents, software programs, scripts, configuration files, and other programming artifacts as needed to implement solutions.
- Develop, test and implement complex scripts to automate common functions or system operations.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network performance, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members on high-level design, implementation design, and coding skills and best practices.
- Research and investigate new capabilities of cloud services and other technologies. Provide timely insight and advice to leadership team to permit the leveraging of these technologies in future plans.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Maintain knowledge of current security best practices and work with the organization to implement those that will protect the company’s data and maintain its security environment.
- Act as a liaison between user group and the IT department to communicate problems and possible solutions.
- Develop and implement various training, job aids and instruction for users on the use of operating systems, networking, applications and databases.